Friday, July 28, 2006

1 Day, 1 Week, 1 Month...

Las Vegas is definitely a vortex. I've now been here for just over 36 hours and it honestly feels like I've been here a month. Yesterday was spent recovering from the night before and adjusting to being in the middle in the desert a few hours behind my normal operating schedule.

In the morning, I went for a swim (as I will do every AM) at the MGM before moving across the street to the Monte Carlo, my home away from home. I didn't play much poker yesterday, only a 125 tourney at MGM in which I played like shite. That said, I didn't have much in the way of hands, but still not a great start. That said, yesterday was a profitable day when I took down the single deck blackjack table for $700 after I busted out. Silver linings I guess. After that I had a good meal over at the Paris casino at Mon Amis Gabis, which is a lot like a huge version of Crepe Nanou. A little hangar steak and fries with a pastis helped finish out the day nicely.

I've met a freaking TON of people out here for the main event...most of whom have the same or less experience than I do. Party Poker has 500+ people shacked up at the MGM, and PokerStars has about 700 here at the Monte Carlo (with another 900 or so at other random places). Today is Day 1A of the main event, and I plan to head by the Rio at some point today and take a stroll around.

My plan today is to go grab a healthy bite somewhere and then either head to the Bellagio, Rio, or Venetian to check out options for tourneys. That or head over to the "European Style" pool at the Wynn and spend a few hours sitting there playing WPT next to dem necked ladies.

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when does the actual tourney begin?

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Pete, take no prisoners. When the going gets weird, the weird ride donkeys. Don Quixote lives...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home