Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Anybody want Gavin Smith's cell number

Just kidding, of course, but in a strange turn of events I received an email with his cell number today. I mentioned the other day that I was bidding on an auction to attend the full tilt gala tomorrow night in Vegas. Well, at the last minute somebody jumped ahead of me and snaked it from my high bid.
Figuring it wouldn't hurt to ask, I emailed the contact on the auction (the blogger formerly known as Bobby Bracelet) to see if there was a chance of my donating some $$ and still being able to attend. Long story short, he checked with Gavin (who had arranged the prize for the auction) and he was cool with it. I donated my $$ to For Peyton and received an email from Bob today with Gavin's contact info for when I arrive in Vegas.

Now the only thing I am worried about is my flight being delayed because of our daily afternoon storms that are a fixture in the New Orleans summer. Fingers crossed.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Waveball said...

Good Luck Pete!! I am now offically depressed Im not playing this year.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete you lucky shark. I am conjuring all the good cards I can for you. Make NOLA proud, bring the bracelet home! If you happen to meet Russel 'The Muscle' Salzer, wish him luck for me. He's a deginerate gambler who hit it big at last year's WSOP. I wrote about him for the Vegas paper, he's quality people.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a hoot, dude.

good luck in LVNV.

doody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home