Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A break from the heat, humidity, and stupidity...

NOTE--- I began this posting on July 5th, but work (pesky thing) got in the way of finishing it before I left for the 1k event in Vegas. I hereby post it now on July 17th unfinished...oy.

I was able to take a few days over the 4th of July weekend and go visit my folks at "Summer Camp for older folk" in North Carolina. Now retired, they flee the muggy nasty confines of New Orleans each May for a summer of cool breezes and golf atop a mountain in the western reaches of North Carolina. I have tried to make it up there at least once each summer and enjoy a few days away from the heat and mug of NOLA...and as a bonus this year, it was a few days away from the crime, piles of trash, bad news about recovery, etc...Another really lucky thing is that one of their friends from NOLA who also spends chunks of the summer up there is a pilot who happens to own his own 8 seat luxury airplane, so I get to travel mack daddy style and if lucky land right on top of the mountain, unload into a golf cart, and have a frost beverage in my hand within minutes...it's good to know the king. Unfortunately, a plane overshot the runway on the mountain about 15 minutes before we were due to land and we had to land about an hour away in Asheville. Since nobody was injured in the accident I can say that I would like to meet the pilot and let him feel the sweet caress of my foot across his ass.
Anyway, this was the perfect long weekend of relaxation I needed to get in the right frame of mind for my venture this Saturday to WSOP Part 1. On Saturday afternoon I will be joining my amigos, John, Matt, and Robby for a 4 day excursion to the Wynn where I am certain we will promptly head over to the Rio and begin playing sats for our entry into the 1k NL event on July 10th. I look at this trip as my chance to get out the awe and wonder of seeing a room with 2000 people all playing at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home