Monday, June 26, 2006

PokerStars 10+1 Sunday Night

After putzing around trying to stay out of the brutal heat on Sunday I decided last minute to hop into the 10 dollar tourney online at 10pm last night. Shouldn't have done it as I knew it could be a long game with 943 entrants. Ended up placing 37th, and probably should have been in the top 10. I say that because I started getting way tired around 1am and decided that for the money invested I was willing to start playing hyper aggressive and either go out having tripled my money or build a monster stack to take a shot at 1st place which paid a little over 1k. I knew winning would require me staying up until 3am or so, which I was less than excited about. When I made the decision to start playing this way I had about 26k in chips (a little larger than average stack). Within about 20 minutes I was up to 72k in chips and was in 3rd place. I kept raising with decent starting hands (only made a play once or twice with garbage) and was able to either take down the blinds (about 2k per) or get 1 or 2 callers and put them to a decision for everything. If this had been a tournament I was really interested in playing all the way out, I would have tightened up a bit more once I got up to 72k, but instead I just kept the lead foot firmly planted. Ended up all in with KQ suited against KK and that was my night.

All in all, another good showing and I continue to feel good about my progress as we approach the big one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home