Worlds Colliding
Last night we had our weekly (most of the time) work night out. Recently we have taken to playing poker for some period of time and drinking excessively. All in all a hell of a good way to spend a Tuesday evening. My problem with it is that as I try and prepare for the WSOP, which I qualified for online at Poker Stars on Memorial Day, I believe that the relative chaos of our game is going to lead me down the road of piss poor preparation.
I'm probably overthinking it, but I have been trying to take an organized approach to how I get ready for the big one. The work game is all about playing hyper aggressive and people catching 2 pair on the flop with a 9 and a 3...often with the "But it was suited..." excuse when they crack my pocket Kings. For instance last night we played down to 4 of us and I raised on the button from 600 to 1800 with AJ unsuited. I was reraised all in by the person to my left and knowing how this game goes I called. He turned over5/10 suited and of course caught a 5 on the turn.
I suspect I could take something away from this type of game, such as the need for exceptional patience and learning to handle losing when you are a favorite.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home