When the cards run even...or not
Played last night with my regular game and I can't recall a game in recent memory where I had less to work with. In the 2 or 2.5 hours played I had the following "premium" starting hands, Pocket 9s which I won with, Pocket Jacks twice which I won with once pre-flop and lost to AK with the other time. I had a suited AX two or three times, but every other hand was two middle cards or a face card with a low kicker...oy. It was a frustrating evening, but at the end of it all I felt like I played the craptastic cards I had as best I could. On some level there just isn't anything you can do when the cards run cold like this. Here's to getting them out of my system before the WSOP.
On a side note, having made the big one and officially being on "Team Pokerstars" is a mixed blessing. Now I have to listen to shit everytime I get in a hand..."Oh I don't know, going up against a sponsored player", or "What ya gonna do now pro?". My initial repsonse is to make some sort of silly mom joke, but since I know I would be talking the same type of shit there isn't much I can say without being a total hypocrite.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home